Monday, May 05, 2008

How do I keep it positive when faced with this?

So I've been chatting with the Obama volunteers who have knocked on my door just about every day for the past week and they're all about keeping positive in the face of people wanting to get all negative about Clinton. Very impressive stuff. But how am I supposed to maintain my positivity when Clinton's campaign is connected with disenfranchising voters? If you've been following along, I'm big on three things: quilts, criminal justice reform, and meaningful voting rights, not necessarily in that order. I thought at least two of those three things were fundamental tenets of the Democratic Party. It seems Clinton disagrees with me.

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that story incredibly disagreeable and offensive - the idea of keeping some folks from voting seems to go against everything I love about the Constitution.

I really hope Obama gets the nomination soon.