Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The return of the veg

I couldn't stay away from the veggies last week - had to get tomatoes and potatoes - but with the moving to a new house photos did not happen.

This week, I went extra shopping crazy because our refrigerator is mostly empty and there was so much goodness to choose from.





That's a teaser of a lemon cucumber. It tastes like a cucumber, but is a fun shape and color.






They had melons this week too! I settled on the sugar baby. Next week, I'm going to go for the yellow melon. Also, I decided to try the Japanese salad turnips. I'm so glad that I did because they are so crispy and sweet. I'm sensing a yummy salad in our future with the yellow cherry tomatoes and turnips and cucumbers and red lettuce. I also got some heirloom tomatoes which need to ripen slightly, but look exciting. They had Japanese eggplant and basil and potatoes and more Armenian cucumbers, which are just too fun not to buy. I also picked up some kohlrabi and beets. We should be set for a few meals.

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

0 comments: