Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tuesday = Farmer's Market : Pictures Added

When I heard there was a great Farmer's Market in Montreal, I had to go. Never mind that we don't have a fridge or any way to cook something...

It was a little bit of torture to see all the amazing produce and only be able to reasonably purchase a small amount. I couldn't resist the figs ($1! for all those figs) and the petit fruit was too cute to pass up. I'm hoping to shell and cook the beans when we get to Rhodes Island - they are Montreal red beans (but are white on the inside).





I put in the second picture so you can see how super tiny the grapes are...

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm! It all looks good - and those figs! Gracious.

I think they bring my inner "we must speak like a lady" out.

Rebecca said...

The figs were so awesome. It's my new goal to plant a fig tree so that I can have free figs. I love them so much.

The beans were also good. Bob thought they tasted like lima beans, but I thought they were a little sweeter and the texture was denser.