Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy New Year



Gratuitous challah bread picture. Our local bakery was baking fresh bread and I couldn't resist. It was hot when I bought and so tasty. I sense french toast in our future...




Haul from the CSA this week. Upcoming meals: beet and carrot salad, bread salad, and I can't wait to try the yellow flat beans. The normal green ones were yummy, so I have high expectations for these too.

In other exciting food news, our Trader Joes opened this weekend. It's a good 20 minutes away, so I won't be going for weekly shopping, but I'm excited to have one available. They were sampling their frozen chinese orange chicken and it's really good. I'm hopeful that now that there's one here, they'll expand and put one closer to us. Right next door to Trader Joes, a Whole Foods opened a couple of weeks ago. We got 4 mums for $12 to spruce up the front porch. Their fresh fish looked good. We have a nice seafood market close by, but they aren't open on Sunday and so I rarely make it there.

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

1 comments:

Sarah said...

That has to be the most beautiful still life of vegetables in the history of photography. GORGEOUS!

Bread salad? What on earth is that?

Yay, TJs! 20 minutes isn't too far to stock up on sauces and frozen stuff. It is too far to get your milk there.

Did you see dark chocolate feves at Whole Foods?

I'm contemplating attempting the challah recipe from the New York Times Sunday magazine.