Thursday, February 05, 2009

Homemade Crackers: Bittman Reads Mind Again

As I've mentioned before, the only processed foods I buy are bread, crackers, and David's cereals. Yesterday Mark Bittman's article in the New York Times proposed a homemade alternative to processed food #2: crackers. He developed a nice little recipe for Parmesan Cream Crackers which I plan to try very soon.

I've been contemplating homemade crackers ever since I read Amy Karol's post over on her Angry Chicken blog about making homemade Wheat Thins (with links to a couple of recipes). But I was somewhat reluctant because Ms. Karol makes her own deodorant, so I thought DIY crackers might be on a similar level of self-sufficiency that I'm not ready to embrace just yet . . . . anyone want to take bets on how many days from this post until I post about making my own deodorant?

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um... June '09. That's my bid in the blog pool.

Rebecca said...

I'm hoping that you'll wait until after our visit to experiment with making your own deodorant. :)