Thursday, February 03, 2011

CSA Basket 22


This week's (not very artfully styled) basket included Radishes, Iceberg and Red Leaf Lettuce, Fennel, Oranges, Cilantro, Parsley, Chard, Broccoli, Apples, Potatoes, Onion, Grapefruit, Carrots, Pears, Cabbage, Celery, Spinach, and Kohlrabi. I traded the fennel, kohlrabi, and pears for more spinach, more potatoes, and more oranges (we're all working through a cold right now and need lots of vitamin C).

Last week when I was grilling chicken for dinner I threw another breast on the grill, sliced it up, and froze it in anticipation of this week's basket. Instead of being so overwhelmed by the CSA basket that I didn't have time to make dinner, I thawed the chicken, whisked together some honey and mustard for a dressing, and had a grilled chicken salad ready for dinner.

With all the parsley and cilantro I'm contemplating Mark Bittman's Parsley-Herb Salad, which I came across while perusing his 25 favorites from The Minimalist, the last installment of which was published last week. I honestly don't know who is going to tell me what to eat from now on.

Click here to return to Gnomicon home page

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just impulse purchased "Power Foods" and the pictures in there make me want to eat everything. I haven't made any of the recipes yet, but in browsing through them, they all sound like things that would be tasty.